Saturday, November 16, 2013

Empty Decorations

I wake in the dawn to showers of light 
Moments of emptiness surround 
Floating away with auras of hope 
But reality brings me down to the ground 


What can I do ? 
What can I say? 
I need a place to hide away 
Just for a while, just for a smile 
Just for the life I used to know 


Where every song 
Was filled with words of love and not of anger 
where did they go. 
Why did they leave me far behind? 


Cause I don't wanna be alone
Living life all on my own
I don't wanna live my life in isolation 
Filled with empty decorations 


Cause i wanna be with the people that i know 
Who will do the things I do
Making all my dreams come true 


I don't recognise the shadows on my door 
Although I’ve seen them all before 
Because the only thing i really want is to be with you... 


I look at the sky, it looks back at me 
I can't hear the silent melodies 
I know that I’m here yet I am lost 
Blown in confusion by the breeze 
Hiding my face, crying alone 
I need to find my way back home 
Back to the place, the wonderful days 
Living the life I used to know 


Where every smile 
Was born out of a love and of sincerity 
And every tear of ever flowing joy