Monday, October 28, 2013

The best assistant-part two

I thought the budget stress session ended last Friday. Unfortunately, it continues this week. At first, the best assistant asked me to read her write up for work plan and budget. It is actually business plan; I do not understand why they called it “work plan”. The second CFO has given his brilliant comment on the paper. I start to read the paper after lunch and eventually found out that the paper was actually a copied paste version from last year budget. No wonder it seems familiar to me. Then I received a call from the best assistant asking me to re-write the paper and submit to her before end of the day. Well, it took me a while to start somewhere as most of the paper need to be re-write. So I start reading the last year version and compared it with my budget working and start the write up. I managed to complete the report by 6.00 and realised I am the last who leave the office. There is something wondering in my mind. Last Friday, the best assistant claimed that she will do the budget report with her own format, but judging from today’s it seems she do nothing except than copied paste version. Why is it so? Is she really busy until do not have time to do the report? After all, we have prepared something for her last Friday, so the best assistant was actually having sufficient information to do the write up. In other circumstances, the best assistant does not seems very busy that she do not have time to do the report as I saw that she have time to update the King on the progress which herself does not reflected. Again, who will claim the credit? You know the answer.

I did the cash flow projection today in relation for her to decide on the placement of fixed deposit. However, it seems that she ignored the information and I believe she would ask the same in next few days. Somehow, I wonder, whether she realised or not, that taking the role of CFO is not just for the sake of being a signatory, but it more than that. If all those thinking part is done by the most junior subordinate, then it is the question whether she is actually in capability of taking the role? If the work that supposed to be done by CFO is now prepared by the junior subordinate, what is the role and responsibility of the CFO? How would the best assistant accountable for the liability that she took? The most important thing, how would she justify for the salaries and perks that she has taken and the injustice that she have done to me? Would she able to justify that in front of The Merciful? Subhanallah..