Thursday, October 24, 2013

It is Friday again

It is Friday again. It has been 4 weeks since they fired my boss. I’m supposed to be well adjusted to the situation since it has been a month they thrown the “Big Surprised.” Unfortunately I do not well adjusted or to be exact I could not even fit into the new environment.
Just expected, the best assistant has her own unique way to make sure I had my toughest days in the institution. Her own “sweet” way of making me following orders without questions and dumped every chores on me has definitely leave me no second though to leave if I had a chance. Not only administrative, I had to do the thinking part which supposed to be done by CFO or to be exact Executive Director who has ACCA. And the best part, all the credit goes to her, like a superstar (shine bright like a diamond, of course in front of the King). To be honest, I’m seriously had enough. I could give full support to my boss no matter who he/she is, but the best assistant was definitely not going to have that kind of commitment from me. Well, just said that we don not have any chemistry. I am not types that follow order without justification, or obey things that in my view not in its place. Maybe it’s not her fault; it is me being an ordinary old fashion thinking accountant, could not serve her extra ordinary orders.
It is already a month, but I think I am still shock with “The Surprised.” I still could not go over it. It was a hit to my boss but was actually a strike to me. Too bad, I could not share this with anyone there. They have a strange way of managing people. We are restrained to talk to each other whilst everything for them is confidential. It is confidential to insiders but not to outsiders. It is so funny. So all these while, I had to keep what I feel within me, and believe me it is hard to do so. I had to pretend not feel anything but grieving inside. I go to work with a plastic face, not showing any emotion despite what they said or done. It is hard and makes me even sad, yet I have to give the sweetest smile to them. It is now no difference of me and the pillar; no emotion.
It is a month but I still had my tears when I remembered the “Surprised Day”. I am sorry boss, I should be strong like you asked, but I’m failed. I cannot hold myself from tears each time I remembered the day. I’m too emotional, I guess; just like you said. It has been 4 weeks but I still do the routine, looking at my boss place morning and evening with a hope that I could see my boss is sitting there. Yes, I’m silly, but I cannot help myself.
The things bothered me is that they keep asking me whether I contacted my boss or what my boss and I have been discussed before. I do not know whether they believe when I told them that we talk about statistic, or algebra or interest rate. Most probably they suspected that we (my boss and I) have secret. Well, I should tell them that we (my boss and I) have a plan to bomb White House, and then maybe they would buy the idea. They are creepy people.
Some of them asked why my boss and I could get along. It is a pretty strange question, yet I could only bury the answer within me. He has been a good boss to me despite I always do thing by my own style. I am the naughtiest and stubborn staff yet he still cool about it. He is very open boss that I could spill my opinion or thought without having pressure to follow the order if I feel something wrong. Although he is a little bit arrogant (he admitting this J ) and unfriendly (to a certain people), and most of them afraid to him, I never feel so. It is a little bit weird to see people trying avoiding him, even an auditor said my boss is very straight, but I find him the other way around. I remembered when he joined the institution October last two years; I find it hard to understand his slang, I took my time to figure out what did my boss said. But now, my boss is one of the closest friends I have. Did I mentioned that he have a good heart despite of his unfriendly look J. Coming back to question why did we could get along; I guess it is a mutual trust and respect, because I trust and respect my boss no matter what people said about him; and vice versa. I guess this makes me very sad when he is not around. I feel like kind of loosing of something. Something is missing and it is really torn my heart.
 Despite of that, I hope that my boss would have a better chance after this. My boss deserves something better because he is a good person. Let us pray that God gives us thousand times of patient for having this incident and may this experience make us a better person.