Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What is friendship?


What is friendship??

According to general definition, it is a relationship between two people consisting of mutual trust and support.

But that's just in theory isn't it? In today's society, people's understanding of things tend to get skewed. It changes based on the influence of their surroundings.

The key values of friendship are - sympathy, empathy, honesty, mutual understanding, compassion and trust.

I for one, value every friendship I have or have had. I believe in treating others with sincerity. But unfortunately, not everyone sees or treasure friendship the same way. And initially, it upsets me. Not being able to grasp the concept as to why people would want to create malicious rumors. I know that nobody is perfect. And that we're humans. And humans gossip. Everybody talks. But voicing an opinion and sharing a thought is one thing.. Creating stories under false pretenses is another. And that, I strongly disagree with.

So peeps, what's friendship to you??

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

- Buddha

 
Friendship, is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

- Muhammad Ali

 
A friend to all is a friend to none.

- Aristotle

 
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who would take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

- Oprah Winfrey 

 
Friends and good manners will carry you where money won't go.

-Margaret Walker

 
True friends stab you in the front.

- Oscar Wilde

 

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue.

- Alice Duer Miller
 

Friendship is held to be the severest test of character. It is easy, we think, to be loyal to a family and clan, whose blood is in your own veins.

- Charles Alexander Eastman

 
I treasure every soul I've met in my life. Every one of them has in some way or another played a role in shaping me for who I am today. And I will continue to grow as a person. Hoping to help others along the way, as how they've helped me. So now that's off my chest, I can clear my mind of such negativity. Stay positive.. Surround yourself with positive people. Clear the negative in your life.